Requisition Number: OPERA01892
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Nashboro Village Apartments, Nashville, TN, USA
Who is Waterton?
We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor and Resident service excellence. With over 24 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality®.
We are looking for a talented Operations Manager to join our team!
Waterton is currently seeking an energetic, professional, personable, analytical, and customer service-oriented leader! The Operations Manager will assist the General Manager with the administrative operations of Nashboro Village. This person will act as the manager-in-charge in the absence of the General Manager.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Daily Oversight:You will oversee the day to day operations of the property, including direct supervision of all administrative staff, andyou will provide direction and support to office and leasing staff, including the delegation of necessary tasks as requested by the General Manager, and the management of escalated resident concerns and/or complaints.You will also assist the General Manager in the management of the renovation scheduling process, including but not limited to: identifying non-renovated apartments to add to the schedule, projecting each apartment's make-ready date, and adding the associated make-ready date and renovation premium in the property management system.
- Collections:You willassist the General Manager in the creation and distribution of electronic notices and other written communications to residents. You will also be responsible to pull required reports, ensuring that all rents are collected in a timely manner and manage the demand processes in accordance with local law, including the eviction process when necessary.
- Resident and Customer Relations:You willestablish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, all customers, vendors and co-workers. Communicate in a courteous and professional manner at all times.You will also evaluate escalated situations and make recommendations on response and/or resolution to General Manager as needed.
- Leasing and Sales:You willensure the accuracy of all new and renewal leases as compared to the property management system, as well as the accuracy of charges on resident ledgers, and manage resident files to ensure they are organized and that all necessary associated paperwork is included.
- Overall: You'll be an excellent teammate who helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including sharing best practices on process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You've "been there, done that". Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years' experience in property management and one-year leadership experience or equivalent in a residential community setting. Experience with a larger real estate investment firm is considered a competitive advantage.
- You have some credentials. We require a High School Diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor's Degree in preferably in Business Administration, Management or other relevant degree is strongly preferred.
- You're a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others. You have good presence when conducting onsite tours with owners, investors, and residents alike.
- You're a numbers person. You are a whiz at reading ledgers, and you understand the importance of timely, accurate metrics. You also have a proven track record managing collections.
- You're entrepreneurial. You are a creative go-getter who wants to build a strong community while being the ultimate team player- helping wherever you can to meet the needs of both our company and our residents.
- You're a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with Resident and Associate concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing sight of the criticality of customer service.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards to meet everyone's needs including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives.
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant - the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serve as the roadmap for how we treat each other: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we callResitality®!
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.