National Account Executive, Furnished and Corporate Housing
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
Reporting to our Senior Director of Furnished & Short-term Solutions, the National Account Executive, Furnished and Corporate Housing increases revenue by focusing on sourcing and closing B2B opportunities within multiple markets and industry sectors. The National Strategic Sales Executive will be responsible for revenue production by driving leases of furnished apartments in targeted markets. The National Strategic Sales Executive negotiates deals and works with key stakeholders to establish AvalonBay as a premier furnished housing provider within our markets of operation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source and close furnished housing leads by either leveraging existing relationships to build robust pipeline or through cold calling and building out a book of business
- Own full sales cycle including prospecting, pitching, negotiating, closing, and retention of furnished housing tenants
- Meet and exceed furnished leasing quota on a quarterly and annual basis and forecast pipeline on monthly, quarter, and annual basis
- Create informative presentations to present and deliver information to potential clients including RFPs, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Collaborates with Residential Services Directors and Community Managers to identify and close B2B opportunities
- Create infrastructure to capture B2B, SMERF, government, and other sales verticals including getting AVB on GDS and other corporate booking platforms
- Maintains knowledge of AVBs furnished offerings and provide feedback and insights into industry trends to help influence current and future offerings
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with existing clients and grow book of business
- Develops customized targeted sales strategies including channel management
- Creates and maintains a sales pipeline and list/database of prospect clients and prospect client information
- Collaborates with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting
Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of 5 years of sales experience. High-growth experience and establishing sales process is a plus. 2+ years of experience in corporate housing working with enterprise clients. Must have the ability to travel up to 30% (when it is safe to do so).
Ideal candidate will also possess the following additional knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Prospecting, networking and closing skills
- Exhibits an understanding of Corporate Housing, Travel Services, and Rental Solutions.
- Existing relationships/book of business is a plus with film studio, bio-tech companies, or Fortunate 500 companies
- CRM experience
- Highly driven and self-motivator
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills with ability to build credibility with executives
- Ability to adapt and overcome challenges quickly
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization, presentation, and negotiation skills
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.