Leasing Agent I/COS
his position is for a full time (37.5 hrs/wk) REM Administrative Assistant II in the EAH Corporate Office located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified candidates will have 3+ years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature. Must have experience supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department. Qualified candidate will be a self-starter. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and excel preferred. Position pays between $25/hr to $31.73/hr. DOE
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable Housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States.
With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multi-family housing, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts. At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration, please apply to requisition ADMIN01882 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Under general supervision, provides routine and non-routine analytical and specialized administrative support to assist the Department Head and/or Department with complex details and advanced administrative duties. Investigates assigned problems, determining method of research and analysis techniques and prepares reports/recommendations for action by Department Head. This position is characterized by an additional level of independent judgement and decision-making authority.
- Meets daily in person or by phone with supervisor to coordinate calendars, critical issues, and ongoing tasks. Sets up and maintains tickler follow-up system in MS Outlook.
- Responsible for phone reception and general administrative issues for supervisor. Returns calls and reviews voicemail for supervisor as necessary.
- Schedules appointments, meetings and conference calls, including calendaring, room reservation and preparation, refreshments, and cleanup necessary for meetings for supervisor and/or department.
- Types/transcribes correspondence, minutes, memos, legal and other documents, from handwritten or typed materials, notes, or verbal instructions. Communicates and shares calendaring utilizing advanced methods and organizational skills. Copies, files and/or distributes appropriate documents and other materials. Prepares reports, spreadsheets, charts/graphs, and presentations as requested. Takes responsibility when directed for overall coordination of materials in preparation for such reports or presentations. In some instances, responsible for database management.
- Sorts & distributes supervisor’s mail to appropriate folders or staff; flags critical items for immediate review. Handles own In-Basket in timely manner.
- Maintains supervisors electronic and paper files. Assists with preparation and review of monthly credit card reconciliation/statements and expense reports. Takes responsibility for maintenance & protection of important legal documents.
- As required, attends board or committee meetings, transcribes and distributes minutes to participants.
- Plans, budgets, locates and books facilities, food, entertainment and equipment for department special events.
- Maintains supervisors office supplies and orders through appropriate staff member as necessary; performs general housekeeping for supervisor’s office including tidiness of office, and plant care.
- Works with department heads to ensure timely collection of information for RFP and RFQ submissions and responses.
- Works with Communications Department to ensure the timely production of RFP and RFQ submissions. Proofreads documents prior to submission.
- Assists with client correspondence, including coordination of year-end card distribution, employee birthday and anniversary cards, and invitations of various kinds.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring all real estate licenses for on-site emplyees are in place and current.
- Perform any other duties as required to meet company goals. Supports all departments with projects as necessary.
- Tracks and ensures that at least 90% of portfolio team members have completed required company training classes.
- Assists with property takeovers to ensure distribution of emergency call numbers/magnets to residents and distribution of company-issued equipment such as mobile phones to REM employees.
- Assists with updating REM Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and Illness Prevention Plan
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required; undergraduate degree preferred. 3-5 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature. 3-5 years of supporting middle to senior management employees or an entire department.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have received such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our criminal background requirements. Please be advised that certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a requirement of employment with EAH.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b) retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule flexibility.
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985