Full Time - Salary/ Exempt
Position Reports to:
Director of Operations
Reporting to Ontario, CA but will oversee properties in the Inland Empire area: Senior Community Managers, Managers and Maintenance Supervisors
The Regional Manager is responsible for the overall management and operations of residential rental properties and is directly responsible for the financial viability of the property. Acts as the company representative in all matters related to investor, owner, or owner representative reporting, meetings, discussions and relations. Ensures property is managed in accordance with the Property Management Agreement and the Owner Approved Operating Budget.
Recruits, hires, and trains property level staff, directly or indirectly. Responsibly delegates appropriate duties and monitors individual performance; coaches, counsels, and disciplines; sets measurable goals; writes and delivers site management performance reviews and ensures other site staff performance reviews are appropriately written and delivered.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; has appropriate balance between time to analyze and time to act.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; tracks projects to appropriate detail; completes projects on time and within budget. Conducts regular and routine inspections of the property noting general appearance and condition relative to curb appeal and repairs required for persona safety or asset preservation. Handles capital projects, directly or indirectly by preparing project scopes of work, bids out project work, ensures appropriate contracts, lien waivers and payment policies are followed.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations calmly and efficiently.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict without blame; maintains calm demeanor while managing difficult or emotional situations; maintains confidentiality; remains open to ideas and change.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; is a good listener and responds in a concise manner; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; uses proper grammar.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; willing shares knowledge; supports team decisions without personal agenda.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust. Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires staff to achieve goals and objectives; leads by example; identifies employees with promotion potential and develops that potential; consistently strives, and encourages staff to strive, for new levels of performance excellence.
- Business Acumen- Proactively manages to the owner's financial goals; understands financial reporting; demonstrates depth of knowledge in marketplace of asset. Prepares various reports including annual budgets-forecasts, monthly action reports and financial statement narratives.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO and fair housing policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Judgment- Uses facts and appropriate intuition in making sound decisions; weighs options and takes educated risks.
- Motivation- Self-motivated; remains effective and motivated in difficult situations or with minimal recognition; sets and achieves own goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Appropriately prioritizes duties and tasks; able to shift priorities with minimal notice; sees the big picture and does not waste time on minute detail.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own and subordinate actions.
- Compliance- Ensure resident files and Yardi data are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Review all resident notices pertaining to recertification.
- Review property waiting list, ensure applications for housing are processed
- Review annual re-certifications are within established timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A) from four-year college or university; two years or more related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of operations software, especially relative to reports and management documents; internet software and search engines; Word, and Excel.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Driver's License Current automobile insurance
Certified Property Manager(CPM) preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
Able to travel to properties by air or auto as required. Able to make overnight business trips.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and abil