Colonial Heights, VA
We are looking for an experienced Occupancy Specialist join the team at our 291-unit PBS8 and LIHTC apartment community in South Chesterfield Virginia.
PPMG has managed senior and multi-family properties since we began operations over 20 years ago and are very experienced in the management of both affordable and LIHTC apartment communities. We currently manage over 74 properties throughout the States and have over 200 employees. Come join us!
Ideal candidates are enthusiastic, professional, and highly energetic with previous property management experience. They will also need to possess the desire to provide superior customer service.
The Occupancy Specialist of this 291-unit apartment community is responsible for conducting move ins, move outs, interim recertifications, transfers, unit inspections, HUD/tax credit certifications and annual re-certifications. Assist in all phases of the office duties which include assisting residents; answering phones; preparing letters and notices; updating the waiting list; collecting and depositing rents; computer data entry;
Work Schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Essential Functions Include:
- Perform all aspects of apartment leasing such as assisting with the management of the wait list, touring with prospective residents, processing applications for compliance with multiple programs, and completing new resident orientation at the time of the move-in
- Maintain occupancy and program compliance by processing annual and interim recertifications in compliance with PPMG guidelines, local, state, and federal regulations. The Occupancy Specialist position takes the lead role on recertifications.
- Ensure property compliance by maintaining the compliance percentage for Low Income Housing Tax Credit, or any other applicable programs
- Manage resident correspondence and recertification notices
- Ensuring the accuracy of HAP requests. Prepare the property, resident files, property binders, and office for audits and inspections
- Review monthly and quarterly reports and address discrepancies
- Assist with annual or periodic unit inspections
- Review, prioritize, and distribute resident service requests
- Perform all duties while generating interest and enthusiasm about the property by creating an exceptional customer experience
- Minimum of 2 years in HUD and LIHCT programs
- Property Management software experience.
- Commitment to affordable and special needs housing
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superb attention to detail and a quick learner
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
PPMG provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
PPMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO