Assistant Property Manager
Colonial Heights, VA
We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join the team at our 291-unit PBS8 and LIHTC apartment community in South Chesterfield Virginia.
PPMG has managed senior and multi-family properties since we began operations over 20 years ago and are very experienced in the management of both affordable and LIHTC apartment communities. We currently manage over 74 properties throughout the States and have over 200 employees. Come join us!
The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic. Candidates need significant customer service experience, with a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy environment that rewards your efforts and dedication!
The Assistant Property Manager of this 291-unit apartment community will assist in conducting move-ins, move-outs, transfers, unit inspections, HUD/tax credit certifications and annual re-certifications. Also responsible alongside the Property Manager for day-to-day operations such as the property's occupancy, weekly and monthly reports, consistent implementation of community policies, accounts receivable and payable, and maintaining the annual budget.This is a full-time position: Work Schedule may be Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or it may consist of weekends 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Assist Property Manager at the apartment community
- Ability to hit the ground running and assist with day to day operations
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits.
- Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Work closely with Maintenance Technician to ensure work orders are completed
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Provide general clerical assistance to community office.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity and lost rent is minimized.
- Ensure that invoices are accurately processed for approval and payment by Corporate office, manage petty cash and all funds.
- Address resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis.
- Candidate will be required to pass a background screening (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with PPMG).
- A minimum one-year experience in a customer service-related industry or two years apartment leasing experience or a combination of accounting skills/education with customer service experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred. Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability.
- Knowledge of Tax Credit program and HUD (preferred)
- Competence in operation of telephone, business calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and MS Outlook.
- Candidate will be required to pass a background screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with PPMG)
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
PPMG provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
PPMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO