Colonial Heights, VA
We are looking for a groundskeeper to join the team at our 291-unit PBS8 and LIHTC apartment community in South Chesterfield Virginia.
PPMG has managed senior and multi-family properties since we began operations over 20 years ago and are very experienced in the management of both affordable and LIHTC apartment communities. We currently manage over 74 properties throughout the States and have over 200 employees. Come join us!
Our Groundskeepers are responsible for keeping the appearance of the property in excellent condition, both inside and out. The ideal candidate can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service. Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots and other community buildings of multi-family residential apartments. There are no typical days, as change is a constant. Daily responsibilities could include running basic work orders (Basic electrical, basic plumbing, basic appliance repairs and exterior maintenance).
In addition, groundskeepers often must respond to after-hour emergencies. Therefore, being on-call is part of the job responsibilities. Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Mon-Fri) and on-call for after-hours emergencies.
80% of duties will be dedicated to cleaning and 20% dedicated to Basic Maintenance Duties
- Walking, inspecting / upkeep clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc. Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc. Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows. Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas. Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area. Grounds Maintenance includes walking and picking up debris, cleaning of trash enclosures. As applicable, cleans restrooms: Sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as basic HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, flooring, hardware accessories, painting, and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform basic turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of two (1) year Apartment Maintenance or equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance. (Motor vehicle report review is part of the hiring process.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven working experience as a groundskeeper/janitor / porter
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Safety Data Sheets
- Candidate will be required to pass a background screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with PPMG)
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
PPMG provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
PPMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO