Colonial Heights, VA
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join the team at our 291-unit PBS8 and LIHTC apartment community in South Chesterfield Virginia.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the property in excellent condition, both inside and out. The ideal candidate can handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, while also delivering a high level of customer service.
Daily responsibilities could include running work orders (electrical, plumbing, basic HVAC, etc.), appliance repairs, and exterior maintenance. Responsible for the upkeep of grounds, amenities, building exteriors and leasing office, parking lots, and other community buildings of multi-family residential apartments. There are no typical days, as change is a constant. In addition, maintenance technicians often must respond to after-hour emergencies. Therefore, being on-call is part of the job responsibilities.
Work hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm (Mon-Fri) and on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, flooring, hardware accessories, painting, etc.
- Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Walking, inspecting / upkeep clean and maintain pristine cleanliness of lobbies, hallways, restrooms, elevators, stairways, and other common areas including washing, dusting, polishing, etc. Maintain common area floors including, wash and wax hard surface flooring, vacuuming carpets and rugs, washing carpets and rugs, cleaning tile grout, etc. Maintain common area walls, windows, and doors including, wash and clean, and washing windows. Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas. Empty all trash receptacles and transport trash to the disposal area. Grounds Maintenance includes walking and picking up debris, cleaning of trash enclosures. As applicable, cleans restrooms: Sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters. etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years Apartment Maintenance or equivalent
- Familiar with Tax Credit Property and Section 8
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Proven working experience in electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliance repairs etc.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current auto insurance. (Motor vehicle report review is part of the hiring process.)
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Safety Data Sheets
- Candidate will be required to pass a background screening. (A conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from employment with PPMG Management.)
Resumes will be accepted by email only.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
PPMG provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. If needed, reasonable accommodations for the hiring process will be made.
PPMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO