Director of Marketing
Santa Barbara, CA
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING – CORPORATE OFFICE, SANTA BARBARA, CA
Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, The Towbes Group is an award winning, fully integrated property management, development, and construction services firm with more than 60 years of experience on the central coast.
The Director of Marketing will partner with the Residential Property Management Department to effectively drive the overall marketing and strategic planning programs for the Towbes Group multifamily division. By telling our story with digital and mobile marketing techniques by understanding the multifamily landscape, this role will support, guide, and provide feedback to management and on-site teams regarding the development of a property's brand identity and its execution of integrated marketing programs. This position also reviews and analyzes the performance metrics and reports for ROI on marketing campaigns and suggests creative solutions for programs not meeting expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build effective property marketing programs and offerings including demand generation, retargeting, marketing automation, and digital and social media to accelerate success for the properties in the portfolio.
- Responsible for directing the Towbes Group image and reputation accurately and consistently.
- The Marketing Director is to provide innovative marketing solutions that leverage the Towbes Group's best-in-class marketing techniques to maximize property performance.
- Maintain knowledge of all features, functionalities, and benefits that make the Towbes Group portfolio and services superior within the residential property management space.
- Understand the owner and company business objectives to maximize property marketing and performance.
- Collaborate with on-site property teams to create dynamic and engaging marketing campaigns by utilizing digital and traditional marketing methods/channels (e.g., landing pages, microsites, social media, brochures, flyers, posters, etc).
- Present the marketing strategy and results at the property quarterly and annual business review meetings.
- Works with property teams to create strategies for growth at all properties in the portfolio, providing input to new business development.
- Understand the multifamily landscape, including technology trends, competitor strengths, and weaknesses.
- Manage vendor relationships to develop and produce website photography, brochures, property signage, site graphic design requests, and community promotional materials.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Lead all internal and external company and community events.
- Responsible for corporate ads, sponsorships, branded products, and other marketing matters for the Towbes Group as determined annually, semi-annually, and quarterly basis.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Five plus years of experience in direct multifamily marketing industry understanding trends, issues, and emerging technology is required.
- A BSc/BA degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- CIM or OMCP certification is a plus.
- Three to five years experience with Yardi Rent Café suite, and RealPage.
- Familiarity with AssetIQ and OrionBI helpful, but not required.
- Reputation.com or other equivalent system is required.
- Advanced proficiency in social engagement and marketing campaign management using Zillow, Apartments.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.
- Manage ILS', Craigslist, SEO, SEM, and digital technologies to improve virtual and in-person leasing.
- Experience and strong background in Digital Marketing, and must understand Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, SEO, PPC, Retargeting and UTM parameters.
- Two to three years of digital, creative and branding agency experience required.
- Strong understanding of design fundamentals in relationship to branding.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge with MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including Excel functions).
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator or other design programs. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge preferred. We rely heavily for content creation.
- Exceptional conceptual and creative thinking skills, as well as a solid knowledge of typography, color theory, design and layout principles with a strong aesthetic sense.
- Broad knowledge of apartment operations, industry trends, and emerging technologies.
- Industry-related marketing concepts and terms to interpret market information to understand impacts on occupancy, traffic, retention, pricing, revenue.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills to management, clients/owners, and on-site team members by generating leasing sales collateral, marketing training.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and imaginative attitude with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Scheduling Typically, normal business hours Monday – Friday. Ability to travel (35%) including regular attendance and active participation, including evenings and weekends.
- This role requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
What you’ll receive….
- Bright and open office environment in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Collaborative workspaces with stand and sit electric desks with multiple monitors
- Killer kitchen with state of the art coffee, cappuccino, and espresso machines
- Paid parking
- Health, dental, vision
- Competitive compensation
- 401k and liberal company match
- Coastal Housing Partnership membership
A clean DMV record, proof of vehicle insurance, background check and pre-employment drug test, and accounting skills assessment will be required.
The Towbes Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hourly Range: $36.06-$43.27 (or $75,000 - $90,000 Annually)