Maintenance Technician II
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
Compensation:Position is non-exempt and eligible for pre-approved overtime. Eligible for commissions and annual bonus as defined under current programs.
Position SummaryThe person in this position is responsible for performing general maintenance tasks including work orders and unit turns, maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, clubhouse, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Manager.
Key ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Independently performs all tasks of a Maintenance Technician with speed, efficiency, and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requiring instructions only on new assignments.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional departure from accepted practices
- Provide mentorship to junior technicians.
- Assists with administration of maintenance functions, e.g., tracking of inventory, data entry of work orders, maintaining updated records in relation to - Mold and Mildew Log, Pool Log, etc.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
AttendancePosition requires ability to work any of the 7 days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. It is critical that individuals possess the ability to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job and must attend training classes as scheduled. Work schedules and location assignments are subject to change. Ensure compliance with time management policies including meal and rest periods.
Minimum Job Requirements- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- 2 to 5 years industry or maintenance related experience
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Available to be “on-call” when requested and promptly respond to work order requests during assigned periods, except during meal periods and rest breaks during which time employee is relieved of all duties and the Company relinquishes any control over how employee spends this time
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred