Part Time Porter
If Interested apply online at, Job Opportunities | Sorted by Job Title ascending | Housing Authority Job Opportunities (governmentjobs.com)
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, performs a variety of services for the Housing Authority's Affordable Housing Communities including, but not limited to, cleaning up graffiti and trash bin area and hauling excess trash to other areas using personal vehicle or company maintenance truck.
1. On a daily basis picks up trash around the complexes, cleans up dumpster areas and laundry rooms, cleans up graffiti and hauls trash away. Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor any large trash objects needing removal, and any liability related issues (such as trip/tree hazards, sharp objects etc.) around the property or concerning residents and their guests.
2. Monitors conduct of residents to ensure compliance with house rules, regulations, and lease; enforces community rules by tagging inoperable, stored, unregistered and abandoned vehicles; maintains written records, and report occupancy violations, disturbances and other infractions by residents and guests.
3. Coordinates with residents in their assigned area to provide maintenance to minor problems, waters trees, lawns and shrubbery and ensures security lighting is in good condition.
4. Assists with serving of Housing Authority notices and communications to residents when necessary. May participate in Housing Authority sponsored community meetings.
5. Maintains curb appeal of assigned communities. Ensures all common areas (laundry, mail, community/recreation rooms and park/pool areas) are kept presentable at all times.
6. Provides constant observation of community and initiates action to correct any unsafe condition. Develops and maintains good resident relations and encourages residents to work together with the Housing Authority to improve the quality of life in their neighborhood.
7. Assists in preparation and showing of vacant units as requested, including clean-up, light maintenance work and exterior work.
8. Ensures safety compliance at all times when performing duties. Maintains a clean and safe working area including wearing of all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
9. Coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor on a daily basis to keep the Housing Authority apprised of any concerns or problems within the community.
10. Performs other related projects as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent with handyman skill set training. At least 12 consecutive months of work history. Light maintenance and labor experience preferred. Must have valid CA drivers license and insurable at standard rates set forth by the Housing Authority's vehicle insurance carrier. Must be willing and able to work at our Victorville, CA site.