Corporate Staff Accountant, Irvine
The Corporate Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the preparation of accounting and financial reporting for the Corporate office. The Corporate Staff Accountant is responsible for balancing, reconciling and collecting on accounts receivables. Additional duties include: month-end journal entries, cash management functions, bank reconciliations and other roll-up reports.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares monthly accounting/reporting and cash management processes for the Corporate office.
- Provides timely and accurate financial reporting and account analysis.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Ensures timely month-end and year-end closings.
- Performs monthly account reconciliations.
- Manages inter-company accounts payable and receivables.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The preceding functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required of this position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications to include main frame terminals/personal computers, general software applications and keyboard facility.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Yardi, Epicor eBackOffice, Document Imaging System, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Must be a team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercises confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills to effectively communicate with all level of associates within the organization.
- Ability to accurately record, input numbers and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under time constraints and meet required deadlines.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Must maintain an acceptable driving record.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123