Maintenance Technician II
San Jose, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for performing general maintenance tasks including work orders and unit turns, maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, clubhouse, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician II include, but are not limited to the following:
- Independently performs all tasks of a Maintenance Technician with speed, efficiency, and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Follows established procedures on routine work, requiring instructions only on new assignments.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional departure from accepted practices
- Provide mentorship to junior technicians.
- Assists with administration of maintenance functions, e.g., tracking of inventory, data entry of work orders, maintaining updated records in relation to - Mold and Mildew Log, Pool Log, etc.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
Maintenance Technician II Qualifications:
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- 2 to 5 years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
- Available to be on-call when requested and promptly respond to work order requests during assigned periods, except during meal periods and rest breaks during which time employee is relieved of all duties and the Company relinquishes any control over how employee spends this time
- Proven organizational and time management skills
-High school diploma or equivalent, college or trade school preferred
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English