Director of Field Operations
If you have a construction background and enjoy managing a project from start to finish then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a General Superintendent. As part of the construction team, this individual will negotiate contracts, prepare cost estimates, and review site-engineering plans.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ability to supervise and communicate with on-site Superintendents.
- Verify contractor payments.
- Obtain builder licenses where required.
- Communicate with Building Departments.
- Communicating with subcontractors, team members, inspectors and suppliers.
- Resolving issues that arise.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to interpret construction architectural and civil engineering plans.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and well organized.
- Knowledgeable in materials and installation techniques
- Knowledge regarding site work and grading issues
- Knowledge regarding code books and ability to navigate
- Work directly with Architects on plan changes and plan development
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge regarding ADA and Fair Housing compliance
- Knowledge regarding OSHA rules and ability to enforce these rules
- Must be physically capable of performing construction site inspections.
- Able to travel.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K with company match.
- Generous paid time off plan.
- Competitive compensation program.
- Company vehicle and expense reimbursement.
- Company cell phone plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.