We are immediately seeking a seasoned Property Manager excited for the next step in beautiful Greenville, SC. This multi-site Property Manager role includes oversight of an established, market rate community as well as the continued development and aggressive lease-up of new construction, market rate units within close proximity. Continued team development is critical to help maximize property value, resident satisfaction and revenue. Responsible for planning and directing the daily operations of leasing, office, and maintenance departments.
- Proven results relative to lease up of residential units.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is required.
- Previous property management experience of at least 2 years is required
- Requires knowledge of relevant laws and regulations and current Property Manager designation per state requirements.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred.
- Maintain a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Requires a positive attitude and an ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must operate with the understanding that our residents and the service we continue to provide to them with consistency integrity is the foundation of our success
- Regular attendance including on call availability in emergency situations, strong work ethic and interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and upkeep of the assets
- Maintain stable occupancy with focus on lease-up and tenant retention
- Build strong resident relations and provide excellent customer service with focus on image and online reputation
- Coordinate all necessary maintenance and asset upkeep in conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor and Facility Department.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed
- Ensure vacant units are timely evaluated and occupied in accordance with company policy and goals
- A strong “go-getter" attitude
Additional Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strive to provide a safe and comfortable living environment for all residents, staff and visitors.
- Oversee maintenance, leasing, office and grounds departments and work cohesively with managers to ensure each team’s success in their day to day operations.
- Maintain appropriate personnel levels to effectively manage the community, keeping labor costs in mind.
- Interview candidates, process onboarding paperwork and acclimate new hires into their roles.
- Create and coordinate employee schedules.
- Train supervisors and subordinates on handling resident issues.
- Assist the marketing team in managing and evaluating advertisement initiatives.
- Implement and enforce company policies and operating procedures.
- Look for innovative ways to improve operations in each department and to reduce overhead costs.
- Process and evaluate applications for all prospective residents.
- Investigate and resolve resident issues; enforce rules of occupancy; inspect vacant apartments and document needed repairs.
- Track employee hours and send reports and employee changes to payroll in a timely manner.
- Generate community reports and distribute them to the assigned regional manager on a weekly basis.
- Present the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Monitor employees to ensure they are following federal laws and fair housing regulations.
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our valued employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401k with company match
- Competitive compensation plan
- Generous paid time off program
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Great work environment
- Company-provided apartment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.