San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Exempt
State::CA City:San Diego
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping to maintain the physical condition of the community to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join our Property Operations Maintenance Team as a Maintenance Manager to maintain the general condition and appearance of the community and operate under the safety and operating standards set forth by AvalonBay.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair efforts for an assigned community, including the physical aspects of the property, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, major appliances and amenities.The Maintenance Manager will ensure that all work meets AvalonBay's safety and operating standards and any applicable laws and regulations.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 3-5 years experience as an apartment maintenance management or related field.
- experience leading and managing larger teams is a plus
- CPO certification highly desired.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.