Assistant Area Manager
Reliant Asset Management Solutions, a growing property management company based in San Bernardino, is currently recruiting for a full-time, hourly non-exempt Assistant Area Manager. This enthusiastic individual must be confident, hardworking, able to understand and follow directions, prompt and accurate with their projects and ready to hit the ground running.
Under general supervision of the Area Manager, assists with duties pertaining to the day to day operations of assigned portfolio consisting of affordable housing and market multi-family properties and single-family homes. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies, federal, state and local law by providing file audits, quality control inspections and assistance with billing and customer service. This position requires frequent travel through out San Bernardino County with scattered rental sites located in the Inland Empire, Yucca Valley and High Desert.
- Assists with the day-to-day oversight of on-site staff at designated properties by reviewing the work and working with employees to correct deficiencies. Provides updates to Area Manager on areas where training may be needed.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agreements, contracts and company policies; audits files and ensures files are ready and available for internal and any other applicable audit.
- Ensures compliance with all property management and fair housing laws.
- Assists with the preparation of delinquent rent notices by preparing, serving and tracking late charges, issuing notices for lease violations and preparing files for legal actions. Works closely with Area Manager in resolving resident concerns through written and/or verbal communication and effectively utilizes the settlement conference procedures.
- Regularly walks properties and ensures health and safety items and curb appeal are within company expectations.
- Process regular monthly invoices and utility requisitions as directed by Area Manager for approval and processing.
- Responds to public inquiries in a courteous manner aiding office staff with difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints, resolving complaints and providing information as required.
- May assist in the compilation of the annual budget and semi-annual revision with guidance from the Area Manager
- May assist in preparation of leases and documentation involved in the occupancy eligibility and rental process; receives and reviews accommodation requests with appropriate Management staff.
- Provides courteous, respectful, honest, timely and professional information to all staff, residents, and visitors for all activities and services in accordance with Reliant Customer Service Policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. • Knowledge of interviewing and counseling methods, techniques and procedures. • Working knowledge of principles and practices of property management record keeping. • Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and accurate records. • Good written and oral communication skills. • Proficient in business computer software such as Word, Excel, Outlook and YARDI. • Able to write and format routine business correspondence, reports, documents, manuals, and presentations. • Ability to work with general supervision. • Ability to lead office operations in the absence of on-site supervision. • Ability to develop a sense of community amongst staff and residents. • Preference for Home Compliance Specialist (HCS) & California Certified Rental Manager (CCRM) certification. • Valid CA Driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from assigned properties. Acceptable driving record and auto insurance limits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or equivalent; Associates preferred with course work in real estate management, property management or business administration. Equivalent of three (3) plus years’ experience in property management with affordable housing environment. Previous multi-site manager experience a plus.
- Competitive salary - $20 to $24/hour DOE with possible over-time pay
- 9/80 Work Schedule – This provides a 3-day weekend every other weekend while still getting paid 80 hours every 2 weeks.
- Free Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for employee. $325 monthly credit for additional dependents. Blue Shield and Kaiser are the medical insurance options.
- Optional 403(b) program with Company Matching
- Up to 80 hours of vacation hours with accrual beginning after the first 60 days of employment.
- 40 hours of sick leave granted in a lump sum upon hire and on an annual basis
- 10 Holidays per year
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME