San Ramon, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general maintenance tasks including work orders and unit turns, maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Maintenance Technician include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs maintenance projects and tasks with minimal supervision consistent with Company policy and direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and CMS
- Assists with administration of maintenance functions, e.g., tracking of inventory, data entry of work orders, maintaining updated records in relation to Mold and Mildew Log, Pool Log, etc.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
- One to two years property management experience preferred or related experience
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental or industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
- Available to be on-call when requested and promptly respond to work order requests during assigned periods, except during meal periods and rest breaks during which time employee is relieved of all duties and the Company relinquishes any control over how employee spends this time
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
– High school diploma or equivalent, college or trade school preferred