Help Desk Technician
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons is currently looking to fill a Help Desk Technician position at our beautiful headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, MI. If you have the skills required for this position and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, apply today!
The Help Desk Technician provides basic support and troubleshooting, such as password resets, printer configurations, problem resolution instructions, ticket routing, and escalation. The right candidate will gather and analyze information about customer issues and determine the best way to resolve and implement the solution. Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions. Works on IT projects as assigned by the Technology Operations Team Leader. The qualified candidate will complete tasks with a positive, customer-service oriented attitude.
Additional Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serves as first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance on company supported applications and platforms over the phone, email, chat, and/or face to face.
- Logs service requests as open tickets, maintaining status and providing follow-up both to end users and to senior members of the Technology Team.
- Walks the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Directs unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Schedules and installs new hardware and software applications.
- Keeps track of inventory and maintains IT equipment (Desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, facsimile machines, monitors, desk phones).
- Stays current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention.
- Researches questions using available information resources.
- Follows all standard help desk procedures, and shows initiative in finding solutions for commonly found technical issues.
- Forwards any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identifies and suggests possible improvements on procedures.
- Additional duties as required by supervisor.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Technology related field, or at least one year of related work experience.
- Must be tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on computer equipment.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Problem-solving and analysis skills required.
- Must be adaptable and open-minded.
- Planning and organizing skills required.
- Thorough attention to detail required.
- Willing to travel to remote sites (less than 10% required).
- Willing to work overtime when necessary.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off program
- Competitive compensation package
- Employee referral program
- Apartment home discount
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.