Lease Up Property Manager
TITLE: Property Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Manages all phases of the operations of a lease-up property including, but not limited to, leasing, marketing, general administration maintenance, resident services and retention and employee safety and property security. Coordinates the maintenance of the physical condition of the property while achieving the best possible financial returns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively and effectively manages operations to ensure lease up goals are met.
- Effectively works with construction and development teams and outside vendors during property construction.
- Guides leasing team members, trains subordinates, evaluates employees and makes recommendations for salary increases/advancement, maintains payroll records, hires and terminates employees in accordance with GPI policies and under direction of Regional Property Manager.
- Prepares and implements marketing strategies to ensure annual revenue growth for the property.
- Regularly monitors the financial performance of the property, making necessary changes in the operations as needed to meet and exceed performance goals.
- Supervises both maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property.
- Adheres to all appropriate company personnel directives, accounting directives, maintenance and purchasing directives.
- Ensures that bank deposits are made daily or as necessary, purchases necessary office supplies, coordinates disbursement of petty cash funds, supervises rent collections.
- Establishes schedules and assigns personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, ensures that maintenance requests are handled quickly.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and efficiency of turning vacant apartments into make-ready apartments in a timely manner, oversees the inspection of make ready apartments, approves all applications and signs all leases and related forms, oversees details of move-ins and move-outs.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community, handles resident relations and resident organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the Regional Manager immediately and prepares incident reports, continually inspects property and improvements, recording deficiencies and taking necessary actions.
- Handles resident issues in a timely and effective manner, ensuring that resident issues are not escalated to Regional Manager more than once per quarter.
- Responsible for the timely completion of ownership and/or property reports and marketing surveys.
- Responsible for the safety of the property team and the execution of a safety program. Insures that accidents and the potential for accidents are minimized. Understands and adheres to OSHA standards and requirements and insures training is properly executed with the team, that safety manuals and documentation are current and up to date, and that property personnel follow property safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Ensures that the highest level of conduct, dress, appearance and company loyalty are upheld by all personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proven 3 or more year track record of successful lease ups.
- Proven track record of successful management of over 300 units, including proven marketing skills.
- Experience with property under construction, dealing with construction and development teams, outside vendors
- Bachelors degree preferred; high school or GED required.
- 5 -7 years of experience in residential property management required.
- Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Strong leadership, training, supervision and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting and in residential buildings.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks residential property and climbs stairs.
- Occasionally wears hard hat and walks through construction areas.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/yg...