Sr Executive Assistant
San Diego, CA
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1600+ energetic associates and we're growing!
We are currently looking for a Senior Executive Assistant to join our team!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas, meeting notes, action item follow up; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO's schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Ensures CEO is prepared for all scheduled events with required documentation, background information, logistics, timing etc.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings, attending and documenting meetings as and required.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with senior staff members, investors, associates, and others, on matters related to CEO's calendar, itineraries, agendas, meeting documentation, action item follow up, etc.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for prioritizing issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CEO updated.
All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing always.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers’ needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Appropriately represents the CEO at all times. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities to allow the CEO to maximize productivity.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong work tenure: 5+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel Zoom, Skype and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including senior staff, associates, investors, clients and external partners/vendors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- High degree of emotional maturity, focus, and professionalism
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line application.