Menomonee Falls, WI
Continental Properties is looking for a dedicated and driven individual to join our team of dedicated professionals as a Project Engineer at our home office in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
This position works closely with members of the Construction department to facilitate a wide variety of activities associated with the construction of our multifamily development projects. The position is the entry step in the career path to becoming a Project Manager with a stable and growing real estate developer.
- Travel across the country, overseeing the onsite construction activities for our multi-family communities
- Walk buildings and prepare construction punch lists for building delivery to property management team
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate construction activities that contribute to the successful delivery of projects that are on schedule and in budget
- Assist with the preparation of preliminary project estimates and schedules for new project submittals
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies within role and current processes
Skills Critical for Success:
- Desire to travel frequently (typical travel would be overnight one to two nights of a week, three weeks a month)
- Creative problem-solving skills, unmatched attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills; the ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Flexible and adaptable; unafraid of ambiguity or a challenge
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field required
- Prior experience preferred
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental is a great place to work, as shown by our eight consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our employees vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- Exceptional company culture that encourages innovation and empowers all team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools critical to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Gold and Platinum Medical Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- A world-class work environment with potential for long-term growth and advancement in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation time
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards employees based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For employees who are interested, regular offsite gatherings coordinated by employees. Company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Strong communication between executive management and team members, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and annual “State of the Company” meeting
Continental Properties Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team.