Lead Maintenance Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Non Exempt
Creating a better way to liveis the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates.With over 280 communities and nearly 84,000 apartment homes, you have endless opportunities to make a difference in our residents’ lives.Our culture is built on purpose and our core values , which is why Glassdoor ranks us as one of 2019’s Best Places to Work.If you’re looking for rewarding work with unparalleled benefits, we would like to hear from you.
As a Lead Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for keeping the apartment complex up and running. This includes general repair, maintenance updates, and at times, more complex tasks such as troubleshooting and correcting electrical needs.
- 3+ years of experience in apartment maintenance or a related field
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot common problems related to:
- CPO certification preferred
- Knowledge of maintenance safety procedures
- Desire to help people
- Positive attitude and mindset
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career through promotion
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more
- Associate recognition (like our quarterly awards meetings and maintenance rallies)
- A significant discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Compensation: depends on experience, pay range starts at $24.50/hr + benefits
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.