Lockwood Management LLC
Clinton Township, MI
$500 Signing Bonus!!!
The primary function of the Maintenance Technician is to assist the Maintenance Supervisor in attending to the maintenance needs of the property and completing Make-Readys for efficient turnover. The Maintenance Technician follows all policies and procedures established by the Community Manager and Lockwood Management.
· Process all resident service requests in a timely manner.
· Create and maintain a customer centered service culture by demonstrating proactive hospitality with prospects, residents, family members and fellow community associates.
· Troubleshoot and repair HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, concrete, masonry and landscaping items, as necessary. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance duties.
· Perform turnover of apartments, including cleaning, painting, carpet shampooing and other repairs as necessary.
· Maintain all buildings, common areas and grounds in a safe manner. Keep the grounds and common areas attractive by picking up debris, emptying trashcans, sweeping walkways and maintaining all dumpster areas.
· Identify actual and potential maintenance problems, including potential liability and work place hazards, take appropriate actions to handle the problems.
· On-call responsibility, must be available for emergency calls after hours and on weekends and holidays.
· Operate machinery and equipment necessary for site maintenance.
· Must be able to climb ladders to a height in excess of 10 feet, lift and carry up to 75 pounds and be able to stand, walk, stoop and bend continuously during the 8 hour shift.
· Snow removal as required by per policy.
· Wear designated maintenance uniform required by company policy and wear personal protective equipment as required by company policy.
· Participate in company-sponsored continuing education.
· Interact positively at all times with residents and the public to enhance the community image and ensure superior resident retention.
· If community has pool amenity, ensure timely opening, closing and proper maintenance and sanitation requirements and testing logs are maintained. Achieve pool certification in a timely manner.
· Maintain clear lines of communication.
· All other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge necessary for satisfactory performance include but are not limited to:
· Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to read and speak English and follow oral and written directions.
· Two or more years of experience in apartment maintenance preferred, must be able to pass the maintenance test, and demonstrate skills.
*Medical, dental and vision plans
*Short and long disability plans
*Voluntary life and AD&D plans
*Flexible spending account