Maintenance (Service) Technician
We are looking for a talented Service Technician to join our team!
The Service Technician I will help maintain the physical condition of the community and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and will protect the community and equipment from damage, loss and deterioration. This position conducts preventative maintenance, performs janitorial duties, landscaping and service requests.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Service Requests: You will be assigned service requests at your manager's discretion and you will ensure they are completed professionally and accurately within twenty-four (24) hours, which may include scheduling an appropriate vendor if necessary. You will accurately update the status in the system or to your manager as directed.
- Preventive Maintenance: You will perform and execute preventive maintenance service requests as directed by your manager.
- Property Inspections and Maintenance: You will perform regular property inspections to ensure compliance with established standards regarding the grounds, risk management, safety, cleanliness and general appearance, including cleanliness and landscaping requests.
- Resident Relations: As a “front line” employee who interacts very regularly with our residents, you will work to establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, all customers, vendors and co-workers. You will use your communication skills to interact in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Occupancy Management: You will ensure apartments are ready for occupancy in accordance with leasing needs and as outlined in the Waterton Residential Standards of Performance. This includes but is not limited to move out/move in inspections, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, carpet cleaning/replacement, painting, equipment maintenance, preventive maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain Commitment to Safety: You and your team will maintain life safety equipment including but not limited to fire pumps, sprinklers, emergency generators, fire panels, smoke detectors, CO detectors, etc., including testing equipment as required. You will ensure there is a safe, clean and organized work environment (i.e. shop, pool maintenance room, storage areas). You will utilize all reasonable safety measures and precautions.
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You're a team player. Our ideal candidate is ready and willing to provide great customer service to our residents by jumping in and helping wherever they can lend a hand.
- You have some maintenance experience. We require a High School Diploma or equivalent. In addition, you've worked in maintenance, construction, or handyman services of some capacity.
- You're a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with Resident and Associate concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing sight of the criticality of customer service.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of rewards to meet everyone's needs including:
- Competitive compensation and incentive program participation.
- Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance.
- Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedules.
- A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts and wellness initiatives.
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serves as our core values: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality®!
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.