Holland Partner Group is seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our Residential team.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
Essential Job Functions:
The following functions are typically that of a Maintenance Manager, however should the Maintenance Manager need assistance with any of the below functions, the Assistant Maintenance Manager should provide support. In the event that the property does not require employing an Assistant Maintenance Manager and or other Maintenance support staff (due to the size of the property or proven property activity) the Maintenance Manager will be solely responsible for these functions. This position may oversee multiple properties.
- Ensure that the physical condition of the property (or multiple properties) is maintained according to company operating and safety standards. This position requires the ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances, the mobility and flexibility to use ladders and to access and work in confined spaces, or at heights in excess of eight to nine feet.
- Support Regional and Redevelopment initiatives and projects. Works directly with Regional Management and Redevelopment to mentor peers and manage projects.
- Ensure that service requests and repairs are made correctly and in a timely manner. Organize and prioritize service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- Oversee turn-key operations. Ensure that vacant units are made rent-ready in timely manner. Perform turn-key work as required. Ensure all make-readies are inspected.
- Schedule and supervise other maintenance staff as well as the work performed by outside contractors.
- Maintain a proper inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing service and maintaining the property. Purchase supplies as required, using a standard purchase order system and proper bidding procedures.
- Prepare staffing schedules to ensure work is completed in a timely manner while remaining within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program that minimizes emergency repairs and service requests.
- Complete QMR (Quarterly Maintenance Review) as directed by Regional Manager.
- Adhere to the company’s safety programs, policies and procedures. Maintain the hazard communications program. Teach and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Participate in company training classes, as required.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all Administrative and Maintenance staff to ensure excellent inside customer service, teamwork and accountability.
- Hire, develop and manage on-site maintenance staff. Ensure staff is motivated, functions as an effective team, and provides superior level of customer service. Responsible for department personnel management functions.
- Work with Property Manager(s) to develop property budgets, marketing plans and reforecast.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive documents and information regarding both Resident’s personal information, and confidential information regarding Holland Residential and Holland Partner Group.
- Handle all maintenance-related resident problems in a timely manner, and with proper documentation.
- Create general scopes of work, request bids and oversee contracted service for routine repair items as well as non-routine capital expenses.
- Maintain compliance to all policies is PO policy, turnover workbook process, Yardi management related to maintenance, etc.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Property Manager, and assist the overall team effort in any way possible
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required; Technical/Trade School or college degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of four to five years previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade. Older properties (5+ years) may also require previous renovation experience. Minimum of five years of previous supervisory experience is required. Also required is the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering oneself, residents or fellow employees.
Skills: Must be able to diagnose problems with and repair the following:
- Major Appliances
- Basic – Intermediate Plumbing
- Basic – Intermediate Electrical (when no license required)
- General Carpentry
- Pool Care (if required by property)
- Pest Control (if required by property)
- Roofing - All roofing work will be completed by licensed, insured contractors
In addition the position requires the following skills:
- Proven ability to deal lead and motivate the maintenance team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write English correctly and fluently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- EPA Certification for Freon recycling (State of Arizona and California)
- Driver’s License
- Pest Control (If done in house)
- Other licenses and certifications as required by state law
- Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle or to use a vehicle provided by the property to transport tools and supplies around the property. Persons must be able to drive the vehicle without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow employees and residents.
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: hand tools, ladders, Freon recovery units, landscaping equipment and required safety equipment. All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves, fellow employees and residents. Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn.
- Position requires strong computer skills, telephone, facsimile, and photocopier.
- Position requires individuals to wear appropriate maintenance uniform apparel.
The Maintenance Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.