Executive Director of Human Resources
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons is a Privately Owned, National Multi-Family Builder headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, MI with additional offices in Indianapolis, Indiana, Flint and Kalamazoo, Michigan. Edward Rose is a vertically integrated, self-financed organization with a current portfolio of over 80,000 apartments.
We are currently looking for an experienced Executive Director of Human Resources at our beautiful headquarters in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The Executive Director of Human Resources develops strategies that pertain specifically to areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, database management procedures and employee records, organizational and performance improvement management, training and development, compensation and benefits.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and executes human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversees all HR operations on an enterprise level, ascertaining consistency in application of policies and procedures, where appropriate.
- Mentors HR staff, encouraging the ongoing development of team members.
- Originates and leads HR practices and objectives that provides for an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Serves as a liaison between management and employees by handling questions, approving offer letters and investigating and resolving work-related problems.
- Reviews and approves all new hire, transfer, and separation recommendations.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, mediating disputes, administering disciplinary procedures, and separating employees.
- Oversees new hire onboarding to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Supervises the human resource department staff.
- Works directly with department managers to assist them on personnel matters.
- Strategizes with subject matter experts on areas of employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization’s compliance.
- Strategizes and implements Benefits Administration, including plan design, carrier selection, and broker liaison.
- Appraises performance with open and honest expectations and communication.
- Coordinates company events.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in business is preferred.
- Extensive HR experience is required.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is required.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be willing to fly to various locations via private or public air transportation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background.
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation program
- Discounted apartment home
- Great working environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.