Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel Management, Inc., is currently looking to fill a full-time Accounts Receivable Accounting Specialist position for our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. Accounting Specialists must maintain a high level of professionalism and maintain composure under pressure. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner are also highly regarded attributes for this position.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and processing rental payments.
- Checking move-in and move-out paperwork for accuracy.
- Updating and verifying the accuracy of the accounting database.
- Preparing, filing, and maintaining the court process for non-payment.
- Addressing resident questions and concerns.
- Managing resident accounts and charges.
- Termination of past resident accounts.
- Month end reconciliation and other paperwork.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Required skills and attributes:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient with the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Yardi experience is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in accounting/finance.
- Must be skilled in basic bookkeeping and accounting practices.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential material.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Employees are expected to be honest and trustworthy. A full background check will be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401k plan with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee referral program
- Discounted apartment
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Compensation: $17 per hour
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.