Lockwood Management LLC
Clinton Township, MI
The Occupancy Specialist is responsible for the occupancy of the community along with the compliance of the files. The Occupancy Specialist will follow all of HUD and Lockwood policies and procedures established by the Community Manager and Lockwood Management.
• Create and maintain a customer centered service culture by demonstrating proactive hospitality with prospects, residents, family members and fellow community associates.
• Run EIV reports according to policy (monthly & quarterly) consistently and file all reports properly including communicating with the Compliance Department.
• Investigate EIV discrepancies, new hires and failure verifications.
• Input COL monthly and adhere to guidelines for processing re-certifications.
• Process re-certifications in a timely manner to avoid termination of assistance.
• Process Interim Re-certifications within ten days.
• Process close out items timely to avoid HAP termination.
• Follow HUD repayment guidelines for all residents.
• Process evictions property and according to policy.
• Follow the tenant selection criteria policy not to supersede HUD rules and guidelines.
• Effectively communicate with residents regarding guidelines for proper and accurate reporting.
• Communicate with the Community Manager on a weekly basis regarding pending Interim Re-Certifications and HUD repayments.
• Ensure utility allowance reimbursements are accurate and posted in OneSite accurately and timely.
• Verify accuracy of all utility allowance checks prior to distribution.
• Distribute rent increase notices in a timely manner and in accordance with policy.
• Process Special Claims in a timely manner.
• Maintain waitlist according to waitlist guidelines and procedures.
• Set up interviews with residents for any re-certification or EIV issues.
• Ensure that each apartment is ready for occupancy and test and distribute keys, resident handbooks and other appropriate paperwork at the time of lease signing. Verbally go over lease, community rules, and what to do in case of a fire with all new residents.
• Conduct market surveys and shop competitive apartment communities as directed by the Community Manager. Maintain a constant awareness of area market conditions.
• Seek out new residents by developing and maintain a presence in the community through outreach to chambers of commerce, religious organizations, senior centers, employers, relocation companies and realtors, etc.
• Be knowledgeable and aware of, and adhere to all local, state and federal laws applicable to the leasing of apartments. Understand the applicable income requirements for residents and Fair Housing Laws.
• Assist the Community Manager in the development and implementation of a positive resident relations program for the property.
• Participate in company-sponsored continuing education and training programs.
• Assist Community Manager with any other tasks as needed.
• Maintain clear lines of communication.
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills and knowledge necessary for satisfactory performance include but are not limited to:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in affordable housing including experience in processing re-certifications.
• Proven ability to multi-task.
• Certifications including but not limited to TCS, CPO, COS or NALP are preferred.
• Basic math skills required, must have a high level of analytical, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills both orally and written. Must be able to clearly speak and understand English.
• Excellent customer service skills.
*Medical, dental and vision benefits
*Voluntary life and AD&D plans
*Short and long term disability plans
*Flexible spending accound