If you enjoy working with your hands, have excellent customer service skills and are capable of performing most maintenance tasks then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
Waverly Park Apartments is looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Maintenance Supervisor. Maintenance Supervisors promote the community and the rental of apartments through the proper and timely maintenance of the interior of buildings, including apartments, mechanical rooms and common areas. Maintenance Supervisors must be able to complete all standard work orders within 24 hours, and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Able to read and follow instructions, warnings, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining high standards.
- Ability to learn, understand and use property management software programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written including organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair plumbing systems, electrical systems, appliances, HVAC equipment, and pool equipment and operation.
- Meeting work order deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable) and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Available to work evenings and weekends (as needed).
- Additional duties as requested by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to coordinate, schedule and respond to maintenance requests and work orders in occupied apartments.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate both orally and in writing, including over the phone.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Possess own hand tools, and have the ability and skills to properly use the tools in addition to company-provided tools (hand-held and power tools) while following all safety guidelines.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance following team apparel policy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and a DMV record acceptable to company’s liability insurance provider.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.