Sr. Leasing/Sales Associate
The Senior Sales Associate is responsible for leasing apartment homes to potential residents and always encouraging renewals while providing excellent customer service and mentorship to Sales Associates, in accordance with Holland Partner Group’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with property leadership to ensure staff is trained, motivated, and functioning as an effective team.
- Manage resident retention and lease renewal programs ensuring occupancy levels are maintained at company standards.
- Review Competitive Market Analysis with Sales Associates and provide feedback for improvement.
- Regularly inspect and provide recommendations on the Perfect Sales Presentation, SWOTS, Tour Decks, Goal Boards, Lead2Lease, vacant units, models, and office areas.
- Review move-in files and confirm move-in activity, then work with the Property Manager to ensure effective communication and coordination between the property and HCSC.
- Work with Property Manager on property reporting (i.e. SODA’s and delinquency) ensuring that information is accurate and submission deadlines are met.
- Participate in pricing and owner calls and lead investor tours providing informed and professional information as requested.
- Responsible for the full cycle of leasing apartment homes, following the Point of Sale Process.
- Assist Sales Associates in working through resident issues, involving the Property Manager if necessary.
- Work with the Sales Team to increase property income, resident retention, and lease renewals, as well as encouraging sales on other income opportunities, through the Point of Sale Renewal program.
- Collect security deposits, rents and all other funds associated with leasing and document each transaction properly in the community’s management software system.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and information.
- Participate in Market Surveys, Quarterly Competitive Market Assessments and Outreach Marketing activities to support the success of the property.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all Sales and Maintenance staff to ensure excellent inside customer service, teamwork, and accountability.
- Represent the community and Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Conform to company apparel standards and set a positive example for all Associates.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
Experience: Two to three years of customer service and/or sales experience required. Retail experience is preferred. Prior supervisory/leadership experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of Landlord Tenant and Fair Housing Laws.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a mobile leasing environment.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to train on Holland customer service and sales processes and expectations.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Yardi software preferred.
- Basic office organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and clearly explain legal and lease documents.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels by building effective relationships and developing positive rapport.
- Strong diplomacy and customer service skills.
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Independent decision-making ability within set parameters.
- Ability to prioritize and accurately perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Skilled in providing quality feedback.
Attendance: Position requires ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours plus any other hours necessary to complete the job.
This position also requires:
- Successful completion of the Sales Certification process.
- Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.