Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Seeking a full-time Project Term entry level Maintenance Technician at our property located in Ypsilanti, MI. This employee would help maintain and repair physical structures of apartment buildings and maintain grounds of the property.
- Maintains cleanliness of property, ensuring it is free of trash and litter, including sidewalks and parking lots
- Organizes and cleans storage sheds, rain gutters, laundry rooms; washes windows
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Prepares apartments for turnover in a timely manner
- Maintains and repairs buildings' plumbing and electrical systems.
- Patches and installs dry wall
- Installs air conditioning units, heating units, appliances, water heaters, shower tubs, windows and other equipment
- Assists with moving furniture and appliances
- Inspects buildings for water leaks, gas leaks, failing electrical wires, and other potential safety hazards.
- Makes repairs as needed and other duties when needed
- Two plus years of maintenance in property management required
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with residents
- Commitment to operational excellence
- HVAC certified desired
- OSHA training desired
- EPA & CPO Universal desired
Avanath offers a full benefits package, including medical – HMO’s and PPO’s, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short- and long-term disability, a 401k Plan, and Flexible Spending plans for Medical and Dependent Care. We also provide paid vacation and sick time. Salary TBD
Avanath is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious dress or grooming, genetic information, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other status that is protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decision be based on job related factors.