Oceanside, CA 92049
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance aspects of the community’s operations and objectives. Accountable for: operating the property budget with the primary objective of increasing the Net Operating Income (NOI), maintaining the physical asset, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. Depending on asset size and staffing level, the person in this position may be required to be on-call for after-hours emergencies. This position reports to the Community Manager or Sr. Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the community, including but not limited to: work orders, unit turns, curb appeal, vendor and inventory management, and preventative maintenance
- Maintains cost per turn within budget and ensure make ready days are 7 days or less or as defined by Regional Manager (for renovation properties)
- Manages expenses closely and within budget, communicates any overages in advance, actively pursues expense savings.
- Manages and facilitates capital and renovation projects, collaborating with corporate departments
- Effectively manages personnel throughout their employment life cycle, i.e., selection through separation. This includes candidate selection, career planning and development, accountability and performance management, and recognition
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
Maintenance Supervisor Qualifications:
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Two to five years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental or industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Competent understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and trade school preferred