Maintenance Technician- 6 Month Contract
Colton, CA 92324
Under general supervision performs skilled and semi-skilled duties involved in the cleaning, alterations, maintenance, repairs, and general upkeep of the inside and outside of Housing Authority units and facilities, equipment, and fixtures. Includes tasks involving carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, masonry and appliance repairs and installation.
Position is a contract full-time position for approximately 6 months.
1. Performs maintenance duties such as; cleaning, repairing and painting units; cleaning, repairing and replacing household appliances, stoves, water heaters, plumbing fixtures, carpeting and flooring. Repairs and builds fences; performs minor carpentry, repairs and replaces countertops and cabinets as needed.
2. Patches and repairs walls and roofs as needed; replaces and repairs glass window panes and screens, counter tops, tiles, toilets and sinks.
3. Performs and troubleshoots electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches and outlets, etc.
4. Performs and troubleshoots plumbing tasks such as clearing drains, replacing fittings, faucets and sinks, etc.
5. Performs HVAC duties by testing air units and servicing/replacing wall furnaces as needed.
6. Removes trash, furniture and debris from vacated units and surrounding areas.
7. Loads and unloads light trucks with trimmings and trash (trash from receptacles); drives trash to disposal areas, and or landfills; hauls sand, dirt and other materials as needed.
8. Performs maintenance services requests (work orders) and vacancy turns for assigned communities and completes related paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
9. Provides skilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties while on-call on a rotational basis to handle any emergency or after-hours calls. Must be fit and duty-ready and available 24/7 for the duration of the on-call period. Must be able to respond within 30 minutes of emergency call coming in.
10. Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Lead Maintenance Technician, organizes parts and materials required for maintenance service requests and plans maintenance work in advance to ensure efficient completion of all maintenance related work.
11. Assists in maintaining inventory by properly monitoring and recording inventory items.
12. Ensures safety compliance at all times when performing duties. Maintains a clean and safe working area including wearing of all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Lead Maintenance takes on additional responsibility of regular tailgate meetings with staff as required by law. Maintains all proper MSDS and safety reports.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned (such as; maintaining work orders in the service order system, repairs/replaces sprinkler heads and valves, etc.).
High School diploma or equivalent; Three (3) or more years experience performing building maintenance and repair work. A/C, Electrical and Gas Certification preferred. Must have strong customer service skills with ability to interact on on computer tablets for work-orders. Bilingual in English/Spanish desired. Must have valid California driver's license with clean driving record to be insuranble with agency auto insurance carrier .
ENVIRONMENT: Indoor and outdoor environment. Driving a vehicle to conduct work. Fumes and noise from equipment operation. Emergency call out.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling heavy objects up to 50 lbs. Hearing and speaking to exchange information. Walking and standing for extended periods of time. Bending at the waist, kneeling, crawling or crouching. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate hand tools and specialized equipment. Seeing to read work orders and instructions to perform maintenance functions. Climbing ladders and scaffolding. Equal Oportunity Employer
AgencyHousing Authority of the County of San Bernardino
Address715 East Brier Drive
San Bernardino, California, 92408