Regional Director of Education
San Diego, CA
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
We are currently looking for a Regional Director of Education to join our Affordable Housing Region.
- Serve as a facilitator and coach for both classroom and individual associate professional development.
- Integrate E-learning and other modalities of training as needs are identified.
- Collect feedback on sessions from attendees to use for future improvements to content and presentation.
- Follow through on unanswered questions asked during training. Work with team members to find the answer and follow up with the associate to provide the answer.
- Adapt to both in-person and virtual training considering the various learning styles and creatively seek ways to keep associates engaged in meetings by interactive methods such as chats, polls, challenges, games, etc.
- Develop and facilitate or research and secure instructor-led training, team buildings, strategic planning, coaching, and mentoring sessions.
- Assist associates with the operation of leasing, marketing, and operating systems and software in use.
- Create and maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
- Participate in the ongoing development of a company-wide sustainable, strategic approach to training and development.
- Contribute to new training program design, existing program enhancements, and delivery methods and techniques.
- Develop and implement specific training programs and development objectives, job aids, policies, and priorities that encompass leadership and technical advancement needs.
- Develop and deliver a variety of training tools for learners that may include interactive job aids (orientation and onboarding), learning assessments, on-the-job training guides, and train-the-trainer curriculum.
- Research, plan and implement vendor training programs that may be beneficial to the company and its associates.
- Monitor the effectiveness of training on associates using individual or group performance results. Set priorities for improvement, suggest training modification, and other enhancements.
- Meet and regularly collaborate with ConAm leadership and regional portfolio management to identify the learning needs of associates and create, then implement appropriate training strategies.
- Conduct follow-up studies of training completion to evaluate and measure results—set priorities for improvement.
- Coordinate the mentorship program, which includes connecting new associates to a mentor, setting mentor/mentee meetings, communicating areas of needed support to the associate's supervisor, and participation in collaboration efforts aimed at enhancing the program to meet organizational goals.
- Coordinate the shopping evaluation program, which includes scheduling evaluations, placing orders, analyzing results, distributing completed evaluations, and providing the associate's supervisor with an outline of training recommendations.
- Track new and amended laws that have passed legislation during each state's legislative year. Distribute annual legal update notification and conduct training sessions to communicate legal updates and modifications to impacted policy and procedure.
- Assist with the operation of the Learning Management System (LMS) and update correctly and accurately associate training records.
- Assist in the development and edit of ConAm's policies and procedures.
- Assist with the facilitation, planning, and execution of regional events.
- Create and distribute monthly regional associate newsletters.
- Plan and implement quarterly designated geographical training schedules based on associate demand.
- Manage designated geographical associate training compliance and submit required monthly reporting to the National Director of Education.
- Maintain a regular training and travel schedule while being prudent to associated expenses and budget parameters provided.
- Manage and timely submit expense reports and training expense reimbursements.
- Lead and direct in the process of associate and portfolio training compliance notification.
- Identify the need for and assume ownership of supplemental projects.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; remain current and knowledgeable of industry standards, best practices, new trends, and developments in the field of property management.
- Keep informed of developments in Federal, State, and Local housing laws, regulations, guidelines, and research.
- Monitor associate, maintenance, and customer Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to ensure associate performance meets goal performance.
- Comply with ConAm's policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check, pre-employment physical, and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line application.