Wixom, MI 48393
Edward Rose & Sons team associates consist of hardworking team players who genuinely care about delivering expedient, quality service to our residents. If you are a hardworking, self-motivated individual, with apartment maintenance experience, we have an excellent opportunity for YOU!
Hillside Apartments is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician. The right candidate will be responsible for the overall maintenance of an apartment community, including all areas related to the day-to-day operations. The Maintenance Technician must be able to complete all standard service requests within 24-hours, excluding weekends, and will complete all work according to company policy and procedures.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. If you are a hard working individual, who has the necessary skills, and good work ethics apply today to find out if you are the right fit for our growing company!
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining high standards.
- Meeting service request deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds.
- Experience with water softener repair, if applicable.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking, and grouting required.
- Experience with windows, doors, appliances, faucets, garbage disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Some general electric and plumbing experience required.
- Ability to repair and replace gutters and downspouts.
- HVAC experience and EPA Certifications strongly preferred.
- Must have own transportation.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.