Portage, MI 49002
If you are a professional with payroll experience then we have an opportunity for YOU!
Edward Rose & Sons is a family owned company providing modest to brand new luxury apartment communities throughout the Midwest and surrounding states. We handle all phases of development: from land acquisition to construction to management and maintenance.
We are looking for a professional and motivated individual to join our team as a Payroll Administrator. Payroll Administrators are responsible for reviewing, verifying, processing, and issuing pay and payroll related information for over 1,000 employees.
Other Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Processing new hires, rehires, transfers and terminations.
- Verifying employee direct deposit entries with provided bank documentation.
- Maintaining payroll deductions for wage garnishments.
- Preparing new hire and termination reports for management.
- Assisting Risk Manager with unemployment claims.
- Providing information for Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Completing employment verifications.
- Reviewing timesheets and pre-check payroll.
- Processing biweekly payroll using UltiPro.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Possess proficient organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Previous Payroll experience preferred.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal vehicle.
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee referral program
- Discounted apartment
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.