Student Housing Apartment Manager 200+ u
United Development Group, Inc. is looking to hire an extraordinary individual to manage our 160+ unit student/conventional community with a total by the bed count of 200+, located in beautiful Davis, California.
This key management position will be responsible for the following:
- Supervising Team to ensure community is maintained to standards compatible with company's policies & procedures, compliance with fair housing and all applicable laws, and maximizing occupancy and NOI.
- Maintain constant knowledge of market conditions and competition in the surrounding communities to better maximize revenue.
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining the highest standards for resident service.
The qualified candidate must be committed to providing above average results on a daily basis and will possess the following:
- 5+ years of related multi-family property management experience (200 units or more);
- Knowledge of Fair Housing and Fair Credit Reporting Act;
- Professional attitude and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to process error-free work product;
- A positive and enthusiastic personality with a "can-do" attitude;
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete weekly/daily office & maintenance staff schedules and assignments
- Deal effectively and consistently with performance problems; document adequately, communicate with direct supervisor and HR, and terminate appropriately when necessary
- Ensure staff compliance and consistency with Company policies and procedures
- Achieve highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue & leasing improvement; identify trends and recommend strategies and adjustments
- Develop yearly operating budgets/forecasts
- Monitor the timely receipt and reconciliation of deposits, rent collections and charges to ensure submitted on a timely basis
- Monitor the timely receipt, reconciliation and coding of all vendor invoices
- Develop yearly marketing plan and utilize marketing strategies & systems
- Ensure staff leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closure, follow up procedures met, signing/documentation of leases and reporting systems are accurate and up to date
- Develop and implement resident retention programs (i.e. resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletter, etc.)
- Ensure all administrative & leasing reporting is accurate, complete, and submitted on a timely basis
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and responsiveness of maintenance staff
- Maintain property appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis (this requires regular property inspections and tours)
- Monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to ensure quality
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred or 4 years’ experience in student housing industry; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.