Live where you work for free!!! No commuting expenses or dealing with rush hour traffic! No rent and minimal utility expenses! We are currently seeking an experienced, outgoing and friendly Maintenance Technician!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and repairing the physical assets of the apartment buildings. The right candidate must possess the ability to complete emergency service requests at an apartment community immediately, and all standard service requests within 24-hours, excluding weekends.
This particular Maintenance Technician must live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in return for being available to respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis. This position requires the ability to complete all work orders assigned according to company policies and procedures.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. We are looking for team players who are friendly, skilled, diligent, and detail-oriented.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining high standards.
- Meeting service request deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle inspection report.
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds.
- Experience with water softener repair, if applicable.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking, and grouting required.
- Experience with windows, doors, appliances, faucets, garbage disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Some general electric and plumbing experience required.
- Ability to repair and replace gutters and downspouts.
- HVAC experience and Certifications strongly preferred.
- Must have own transportation.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in return for being available to respond to after hour's emergency calls on a rotating basis.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Free apartment home
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.