Carmel, IN 46032
Edward Rose & Sons is a vertically integrated, self-financed organization currently aggressively expanding in the Senior Living market to complement our primary business, construction of new apartment projects. Due to our growth, we are seeking a qualified Construction Superintendent.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for the overall day-to-day supervision of field related construction activities, while working at a multi-family project. Candidates must have extensive experience with 3-story, wood frame construction, hospitality level finishes, and multi-family facilities. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in the construction industry, and be available to work full-time with over-time on some Saturdays (as needed).
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, managing, coordinating and supervising the construction process from initial development of land through final acceptance of buildings, on a timely and economic basis.
- Originate and maintain schedules for all trades, with assistance from Project Manager, and be responsible for the contractor’s adherence thereto.
- Hold contractor’s accountable for their performance through straight-forward communications, relating their performance to payment for their services. The company often pays contractor invoices every two weeks, so the Superintendent is given excellent leverage to get contracted work completed.
- Given designs, permits, and construction trade contracts, implementation of managerial oversight, company policies, industry standards, with the construction plans and contracts into a quality product built for longevity.
- Directly inspect each trade's work and approval of their invoicing according to contract payment terms.
- Manage subordinate staff, oversee the quality of construction, and ensure safety on the job site.
- Facilitate weekly subcontractor meetings for planning, scheduling, quality control and safety issues with any scheduled trades.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate and supervise a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be an energetic, self-starter with a solid work ethic.
- Attentive to details on both plans and contracts.
- Ability to review and interpret the plans specifications and contracts as they relate to each individual trade involved in the construction of the project.
- Ability to implement the means and methods of construction associated with 3-story, wood frame construction, along with the function and purpose of the final product.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow and enforce OSHA guidelines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
Excellent benefits package to include:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401K with company match.
- Generous paid time off plan.
- Competitive compensation program.
- Company vehicle and expense reimbursement.
- Company cell phone plan.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.