Area Director of Operations
Sacramento, CA 95833
Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
We are currently looking for a Area Director of Property Operations. The Area Director of Property Operations ensures that the operations of the properties in assigned area of oversight are in compliance with the standards and expectations of Operational Excellence, other stated guidelines of Mercy Services Corporation, and Mercy Housing. Completes all reasonable work-related directives given by his/her supervisor and above. Responsible for monitoring and directing all management-related activities with site-level personnel and other Mercy Housing-related departments to ensure that the Essential Functions are met on a regular and consistent basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensures that rent collection procedures are followed and benchmarks are achieved.
· Ensures that occupancy levels are at budgeted levels and higher, if possible.
· Ensures that property budgets are developed and managed proactively.
· Ensures that contracts are regularly reviewed and negotiated.
· Ensures that all regulatory compliance requirements and reporting are followed, monitored, and completed.
· Ensures that physical guidelines are achieved at each property, in accordance with expectations of ownership and/or Operational Excellence.
· Ensures the adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule established for each property.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
· Ensures that property staff positions are filled with competent, qualified individuals.
· Ensures that positive, collaborative internal and external relationships are fostered and maintained and that requests are responded to in a timely manner.
· Ensures that resident concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner.
· Ensures that the site staff is providing great customer service to residents.
· Ensures that the site staff is working closely and effectively with Resident Services and/or third party service agencies to meet the ownership's service objectives at each location.
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position.**
EDUCATION: High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Real Estate, or related field preferred. Certified Property Manager or similar certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three years experience in housing and/or property management. Preferred experience as a supervisor of multi-family housing or five years experience as a manager of multi-family housing. Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws, including Fair Housing and Landlord and Tenant laws. Experience generating property budgets and managing affordable housing developments, including HUD, Low Income Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bond properties. Exposure to/familiarity with community organizing, services, and programs.
· Relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
· Comprehend and communicate in the English language both orally and in writing.
· Interpret and understand financial information generated from property management software reports.
· Legally operate a motor vehicle (valid driver's license).
· Work in a collaborative manner and in a team environment.
· Travel occasionally.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
· Define and solve problems.
· Understand and commit to the Mission and Philosophy of Mercy Housing.
- Full Time
- Compensation: Salaried ($100,000 DOE)
- Required Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (With the exception of some meetings being scheduled outside the normal 8:00-5:00 schedule.)
- This position does require traveling to various properties.
- Position does allow for some remote work from home.