Syracuse, NY 13201
- Performs all marketing and contract activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by conducting community tours and coordinating show rooms for Admissions events, processing applications, preparing the contract and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and contract signing.
- Inspects units prior to resident move-in and ensures units are in move-in ready condition and schedules any outstanding items to be addressed with the maintenance team.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy.
- Designs and executes marketing activities to highlight Centennial Hall and following other community-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs to encourage students to return. Appropriately manage and post on social media platforms in coordination with university and Greystar guidelines. Develop, produce and coordinate resident communications, by creating newsletters and other communications to the residents after appropriate approvals have been received.
- Uses the on-site property management software (Entrata, Yardi, etc.) to track unit availability, record contract activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the community and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by inspecting the marketing corridor and tour route daily, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the office for daily tour activities.
- Follows-up with returning residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to renew.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the community’s contract renewal program by preparing renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that renewal documents are signed and implemented on time. Manages the Community’s roommate matching and room assignment process.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Create a relationship with admissions and represent the property during admissions events and coordinates tours and a model room during specified events.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the community’s efficiency, profitability, and productivity.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, leasing and sales tools, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training programs and by accessing other sources of information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
- Incumbents work in an office environment, but also may have frequent exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
- Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities.
- Incumbents must be able to stand, walk and/or sit for extended periods of time and push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to twenty (20) pounds independently and fifty (50) pounds with assistance.
- Routine, local travel may be required to attend training classes, conduct market research, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include weekends and/or holidays.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain residence hall features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions,and calculate percent’s in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- High School diploma, GED or an employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs