Assistant General Manager - El Centro
Los Angeles, CA 90001
Western National Property Management is looking to fill an Assistant General Manager position at El Centro Apartment Homes, a 507 unit community in Hollywood, CA. The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager with the overall operations of the properties. The Assistant General Manager is also responsible for collecting and posting rent payments; managing resident delinquencies, evictions, legal notices and performing pre-close and closeout accounting processes and completes reports related to such.
The Assistant General Manager assists the General Manager with the overall operations of the properties. The Assistant General Manager is also responsible for collecting and posting rent payments; managing resident delinquencies, evictions, legal notices and performing pre-close and closeout accounting processes and completes reports related to such.
The preceding functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and skills required of this position. Associate performs other duties as assigned and travel will be required.
- Assists with community operations as instructed and in the absence of the General Manager.
- Maintains all accounts receivable including; collecting rent, posting rent, making daily bank deposits, and maintaining balanced, accurate rent roll in accordance with Company policies.
- Adheres to the properties’ budgetary assumptions of the operational functions.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly financial and leasing reports accurately and timely, including month-end pre-close, closeout, market surveys, lease expiration matrix, and renewals.
- Audits reports and files to identify dates requiring administrative action, such as lease expiration dates, delinquent accounts, and unlawful detainers.
- Collects delinquent account balances actively from previous residents prior to sending outstanding balances to a third party collection agency.
- Processes evictions, which includes processing all necessary paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Composes, prepares and delivers balance due letters, lease violation notices, legal notices, routine correspondence, rental notices, and other letters and memorandums.
- Processes, reviews and audits move-ins, move-outs, resident files and lease renewals/agreements for accuracy and adherence to applicable policies.
- Assists with ongoing resident relations throughout occupant’s tenancy by ensuring occupant’s requests are responded to promptly and accurately.
- Leads Resident Retention Program under the supervision of the General Manager.
- Supports with the planning, coordination and implementation of resident activities to increase resident retention and assists with resident relations and problem resolution.
- Assists General Manager with training staff on leasing, entering traffic into the computer, marketing, and general office operations.
- Leases apartments as needed and is accountable for leasing duties.
- Takes responsibility for shopping competitive properties.
- Follows and adheres to WNPM policies and procedures in qualification, screening and acceptance of prospects for residence.
- Adheres to WNPM’s Mystery Shop Program and performs per Western standards and expectations or better consistently.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate effectively and professionally through verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to interact and get along with others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; must possess computer skills and typing ability. Yardi and Property Management software experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others and diffuse difficult situations.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements and perform basic to intermediate mathematical and accounting functions to calculate income requirements and reporting.
- Comprehension and compliance of State and Federal Fair Housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Must be available for community related concerns or emergencies.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions to analyze and resolve difficult situations.
- Ability to close a sale and meet and exceed sales goals.
- Experience in managing, guiding and training a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Must be available to work weekends, non-traditional holidays, on-call, or when needed due to business needs.
- Must possess a valid driver license and maintain current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Minimum 2 (two) years of residential leasing and/or management experience is preferred.
Competitive hourly salary
Full medical and dental benefits
401K savings plan with company participation
On-going training and advancement opportunities
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123