San Diego, CA 92106
Overview: The Project Accountant position at United Development Group, Inc. is comprehensive and involves many tasks and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, capable of independent decision-making and action. The position requires an individual who is highly focused and productive and one that can take on a broad range of responsibilities and tasks. Bright, energetic and a team-player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Bank reconciliations
- Update and maintain all accounting files
- Act as liaison between Business Team Leaders, vendors and accounting department
- Seek and implement processes that will streamline the accounting function and general operations
- Review monthly expense reports with CNB, to determine proper expense coding
- Prepare monthly financials and variance comments
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet accounts for all entities including intercompany accounts
- Provide accounting support to the Controller and CFO
- Interface with Business Team Leaders, Regional Managers and Leadership to solve accounting related issues
- Prepare loan draws
- Maintain multiple General Ledgers: post Journal Entries, reconcile accounts, and close out periods.
- Work with property Team Members to create, revise and finalize annual budgets.
- Preparation of weekly Highlights and Goals, to be reviewed with supervisor.
- Proficient in full-cycle accounting having worked with both A/R & A/P
- The candidate will be resourceful and have a willingness to accept new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Proficient with technology, software and capable of learning new systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced high-volume team environment
- Must be highly detailed, deadline oriented, and organized
- Ability to prioritize work-load and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of Team Members, management, and external business associates to promote positive professional working relationships and environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting (financial analyst experience a plus)
- Real estate, property management or public accounting experience a plus
- Accounting for multiple entities, multiple clients or multiple departments