Malek Property Mgmt
San Jose, CA 95117
Multi Family Property maintenance technician performs various maintenance duties and handles service requests requiring technical labor skills.
- Completes assigned work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the property by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements.
- Completes the "make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Follows procedures for accessing and obtaining materials, supplies, equipment, tools, and other items from the property's maintenance shop by tracking inventory used, returning unused items to the established location, and notifying the maintenance supervisor about re-ordering needs.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork in a timely, accurate, and complete fashion so that service requests can be appropriately documented and tracked.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Complies with safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property's routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
- Must be available for OT emergency calls/duty after work hours and/or on weekends (weekends duty will be on a rotational basis shared with other maintenance persons).
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience
- Reliable vehicle, valid license and insurance
- Basic set of tools for day to day maintenance
- Ability to live onsite a plus
- Appliance repair
- Pool maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Critical thinking
This is a position which requires the service technician frequent walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 40 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Incumbents must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
MPM Corporation has properties in California, Nevada and Washington.
- 401(k) Plan with 3% employer contribution
- Paid Health Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Discounted Housing (after 90 days)
MPM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 - $24.00 per hour