Sebastopol, CA 95472
PEP Housing is in its 42nd year building community from the heart. We are a successful non-profit that builds and manages affordable housing for seniors living on limited, fixed incomes. With 19 properties and over 700 residents, we keep busy! We are searching for an Occupancy Specialist with experience in affordable housing for the senior population. Studio housing may be included.
Summary: The Occupancy Specialist is responsible for ongoing resident file compliance and new move in initial eligibility compliance as well as company policy compliance. The Occupancy Specialist utilizes knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations relevant to affordable senior housing development, Housing Tax Credits, EIV and HUD programs to evaluate and complete Initial Certifications Annual Recertification’s, Interim Recertification’s to ensure the property is compliant. The Occupancy Specialist understands and supports PEP’s mission and core values.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and conducts on-site interviews with applicants to complete Initial Certification’s.
- Plans and conducts on-site interviews with projects residents to complete Annual and Interim Recertification’s. Projects funding sources may consist of some or all of Tax Credit, HUD, project-based Section 8, Tax Exempt Bonds, AHP, RHCP, CalHFA, CDBG, NEF, MHP and other private and public sources.
- Verifies residents’ compliance with rules and regulations of various funding sources, Fair Housing standards and PEP policies and procedures.
- Adheres to a strict timeline to meet all certification deadlines. Meets all timeframes and deadlines set by PEP for Initial Certification processing, reporting and filing.
- Ensures compliance with all Secure System and EIV requirements by running monthly reports and individual household reports in a timely manner.
- Recommends appropriate corrective action to resolve noncompliance; works with Property Manager to correct non-compliance.
- Provides compliance-related consultative services to Property Manager and their administrative staff.
- Assists the Compliance Manager with onsite implementation of policies, procedures and processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Teamwork Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
- Computer skills
- Paperwork/form proficiency
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Certified Occupancy Specialists (COS) and Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) preferred; if not certified, must be willing to go through the certification process within 1 year of hire; once certified, must maintain the certification through ongoing courses.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in affordable housing industry preferred.
- Familiarity with Fair Housing laws and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Familiarity with Secure Systems/EIV reports preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong math skills necessary.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in a calm manner.
- Promotes harmonious relationships with staff members and potential and current residents, being sensitive and respectful always.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Demonstrated integrity on a professional level.
- Must have compassion for the elderly and disabled.
- Requires responsible and organized approach to record keeping.
- Must supply own vehicle, have a valid CA driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of PEP Housing.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.