Sebastopol, CA 95472
PEP Housing is in its 42nd year building community from the heart. We are a successful non-profit that builds and manages affordable housing for seniors living on limited, fixed incomes. With 19 properties and over 700 residents, we keep busy! We are searching for an experienced maintenance person to work with a team and maintain our beautiful Sebastopol property. Studio housing may be included.
Summary: The Maintenance Technician is expected to maintain PEP Housing’s high standards in order to constantly present our properties in outstanding condition and to provide residents with a safe, secure and well-maintained living environment. This includes, but is not limited to, daily, weekly, and monthly tasks associated with janitorial and maintenance duties such as apartment rehabs, power washing, emptying trash, cleaning various areas of the property, and repair of the overall properties and individual resident units. Compliance to all applicable rules and regulations of housing, OSHA, HUD, and PEP Housing.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete apartment turnovers within established time frame and to organizational standards.
- Ensure all maintenance needs are documented and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Perform janitorial duties in common areas, i.e., bathrooms, common rooms, laundry area, etc.
- Assist with monthly and or annual maintenance of fire extinguishers, smoke/heat detectors, and sprinklers. Spot-check occasionally.
- Ensure lighting is sufficient and functioning at all properties – report all problems.
- Work with on-site managers to maintain properties, responding to their needs.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies at each property.
- Interior and exterior painting as needed.
- Develop reliable knowledge of all utility routing and cut-offs of water, sewer, gas, electrical, telephone, and TV cable at all properties.
- Maintain equipment.
- Represent the agency in the community as a professional at all times.
- Act as a resource to on-site managers and staff, as requested.
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as scheduled.
- Attend social functions as scheduled.
- Help manage and complete all special projects.
- Report any unusual resident activities to management immediately.
- Oversee vehicle fleet maintenance
- Log and track all work orders on Boston Post; create work orders when necessary. All jobs or projects must be documented.
- Report any problem with company vehicles.
- Responsible for rotating on-call schedules as prepared by the Director of Maintenance. Handle all emergency calls after hours as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Dress according to standards, neat and clean at all times; close-toed shoes required; beard and/or mustache trimmed.
- Ability to use and operate power and hand tools.
- Must be flexible, creative and take initiative in handling emergencies.
- Compassion and understanding for the elderly and disabled.
- Experience in maintenance and repairs, to include light construction (replacement of windows and doors, fencing, trim work, etc.), plumbing (replacement of faucets, sinks, etc.), and electrical (troubleshooting, replacement of outlets, lighting, etc.).
- Ability to evaluate and respond to property emergencies.
- Must be able to multi-task and be flexible.
- Must have own vehicle, valid CA driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of PEP Housing.