Leasing and Marketing Director
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Pierce Education Properties, a dynamic premier Student Housing Management Company, is an established leader in the national management of luxurious student housing apartment communities corporately based in San Diego, California. We are seeking talented, motivated, and growth-minded individuals dedicated to represent our team at Cavalier Crossing.
Cavalier Crossing is seeking a Leasing and Marketing Director for student housing located in Charlottesville, VA.
Assist the Executive Director with coordinating and implementing the leasing and marketing strategies for the property to ensure that the property achieves budgeted occupancy or 100% occupancy and maximizes revenue by growing rent rates. Primary focus involves managing the sales team and executing the marketing plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Report traffic and sales volumes daily to the Executive Director.
- Act as primary customer service representative for the property.
- Execute the marketing plan in order to achieve full market occupancy or 100% occupancy.
- Supervise all leasing representatives and student workers/CAs involved in leasing.
- Maintain all leasing statistics of the property with the use of Entrata.
- Maintain the ambience and cleanliness of the model apartment(s), tour path, and general curb appeal.
- Execute all online & mobile marketing initiatives, including online advertising, social media accounts, website, email marketing, Ratings & Reviews, YouTube and other outlets.
- Supervise leasing and develop/train leasing team
- Assist with leasing and prospects, including phone inquiries, tours, signing and follow up
- Monitor and review Entrata lease inputs to ensure the process is being followed accurately and successfully
- Manage, monitor and review guest cards, prospect lists and follow ups to ensure the process is being executed accurately and successfully
- Assist with managing resident issues
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective tenants
- Make all website content changes within Entrata. Review website thoroughly to ensure it is functioning properly
- Develop communication initiatives, including letters, text messages and e-mailers to residents and parents, to push leasing initiatives and goals
- Prepare market competition report, leasing tracker and online marketing report
- Work closely with the Executive Director to provide sales training to Community Assistants. Support the Community Assistant initiatives.
- Assist with managing move-ins prior to/up until move-in date
- Build relationships with vendors for cross-promotional purposes
- Assist with creating, planning and budget for all external leasing events. Act as lead coordinator for all events. These include housing fairs, international fairs and other off-property trade shows, as well as external leasing events held on site at the property.
- Assist with coordinating all advertising and communication for external promotions, including e-mailers to prospects and transfer students
- Assist with developing and advertising creative and effective promotions to increase occupancy, including sales incentives and social marketing campaigns
- Manage the audit of Lease Tracker and Entrata to ensure they are in sync
- Identify media and promotional opportunities in designated market
- Assist with Turn and move-ins/move-outs and coordinate and distribute move-in gifts as needed
- Work with Executive Director to ensure expenditures are within budget
- Assist Executive Director to develop, manage and execute resident renewal campaigns with the assistance of on-site staff
- Identify calendars with volunteerism opportunities and charitable campaigns. Coordinate opportunities and communicate to residents and employees
- Assist Executive Director to coordinate compliance with all marketing contract commitments, including all sponsorships
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a sales and marketing training plan and schedule. Help coordinate sales training for all staff, including leasing professionals and Community Assistants, in sales best practices and leasing process
- Coordinate all focus group meetings, including participants, questions, dinner, and facilitation in March and October. Provide written reports to corporate, including recommendations for improvement. Coordinate communication of improvements to residents via e-newsletters
- Remain current with admission standards, admission timing, and academic calendar for freshman, returning residents, transfer students, and both graduate and professional schools.
- Monitor annual enrollment at university, including incoming freshman, international and graduate students
- Monitor proposed and new student housing developments on and off campus
- Assist in placement of new residents
- Other duties as needed
- Education and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in Student Housing preferred
- 2 years experience in leasing/marketing in the housing industry strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Experience with and proficiency in utilizing Entrata Property Management software preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Exposure to adverse and varying weather conditions which may include extreme hot/cold temperatures, rain, wind, and/or snow, depending on geographical location. Fast-paced environment requiring irregular and long hours. Exposure to odors/fumes, noise, and vibration. Must be in physical condition to sit for extended periods, bend, reach, climb stairs, and grasp. Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Must be able to repetitively lift, push, pull & carry up to 15lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pierce Education Properties is looking for talented, driven, and ambitious individuals inspired to continually challenge and grow themselves as well as their colleagues and customers.
We value Customer Service; a strong dedication to the customer experience, attention and sensitivity when presented with difficult or emotional situations, and promptness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
We prize Interpersonal Skills; the ability to resolve problems/conflicts with ease and secure a positive, mutually beneficial outcome by listening attentively and maintaining a collected and professional persona.
We find Communication imperative to a successful team; clear, persuasive communication in any circumstance, clarity and promptness in oral and written response, and especially a dedication to proactive transmission of needs and important updates to colleagues and customers.
We insist upon strong Diversity and Inclusion; a clear and refined respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, welcoming acceptance of all customers and colleagues regardless of background, and strong dedication to a harassment-free environment at all times.
We encourage Growth; a desire and willingness to always be lea