Lead Maintenance Technician - Ontario, C
Ontario, CA 91764
As a Lead Service Technician, you will play an increasingly important role at GHP. It is you who will create a quality living environment for our residents by maintaining our properties in the best possible conditions. You will be a crucial team member that will contribute in a big way towards the overall reputation of GHP. Nothing sends a stronger message than the aesthetics of our communities and you are the professional that will make it happen.
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Create a sense of community and an outstanding living experience for residents
- Welcome and greets every guest and resident
- Provide assistance to guests and residents by holding doors; picking up dropped items; giving directions and offering assistance to a disabled person
- Demonstrates service excellence through the demonstration of company values, our employee promise, policies and initiatives.
- Demonstrates care through the completion of daily repair and upkeep of the community
- Responsible for the preparation of vacant units for occupancy
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or GHP Management Corporation and maintaining a clean work area
- Maintain and take care of the cleaning supplies and equipment inventory
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of GHP policies and community policies, including OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies
- Delivers a quality end result to residents by ensuring that repairs are completed thoroughly, in a timely manner and as per supervisor’s instructions
- Completes tasks related to basic plumbing, i.e., leaky faucets, plunging toilets, and repair running toilets, repair tank contents, pulling and replacing toilets, caulking
- Prepares unit walls by touching up painting, sanding, color matching and completing drywall repairs
- When staffing situation requires, completes unit painting projects to meet market ready requirements
- Completes appliance repairs and services such as: replacing burners, rings, knobs, refrigerator shelves, lights, etc.
- Completes electrical tasks such as: installing switches, plugs, cord splicing, ballasts and bulbs, circuit breaker testing, and servicing exhaust fans
- Replaces, adjusts, and installs key lock, bolts, window locks, and as necessary makes keys, and installs latches
- Repairs and replaces screens and doors as appropriate
- Participates and assists in major appliance installations
- Completes simple carpentry work such as – changing closet rods, replacing mirrors, fixing and installing drawers and drawer tracks, install and remove drape rods
- Demonstrates a high level of technical ability within the repair requirements of the community.
- Serves as Senior Maintenance Technician for the team and as such is responsible for completing more complex tasks.
- Mentors other Maintenance Technicians and helps with their development and learning of new techniques and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Desire to deliver an exceptional resident and colleague experience in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Personable, positive, team-oriented mindset
- 2-5 years in property management or hospitality as a technician or similar experience
- HVAC certified a plus
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand basic instructions verbally or in written form
- Ability to multi‐task and have good organizational skills
- This position works both indoor and outdoor. Depending on assignment may be subject to the natural elements.
- Works in low to moderate noise levels.
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Frequently lift/move/carry 25lbs
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 50lbs with/without assistance
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Must have the ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Uses hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Ability to work around chemical cleaning solutions.