Service Maintenance Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90017
As the Service Manager, you are a team builder and leader who provides support, mentorship and direction to ensure high level of Employee and Resident Engagement.
You are responsible for achieving cleanliness, maintenance, aesthetics and the Owner’s asset performance expectations within your Community. You accomplish these goals through leading your teams in creating the greatest possible living experience for our residents and executing the Service projects within your Community. You thrive on sharing your knowledge and creating a better future for GHP. You are the number one Ambassador of the GHP Culture and Vision on your team and a trusted partner to your Community Manager.
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY MANAGER
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
Customer Service and Leadership:
- Provide leadership and guidance for the community team by setting a Service Excellence standard and inspiring the Service Team to achieve it.
- Promote and uphold company values, employee promise, policies, and initiatives.
- Establish a learning culture and maintain a strong connection of the Service Team to GHP.
- Select, hire, train, coach and provide feedback to the Service Team to deliver Service Excellence
- Own the employee experience, drive employee satisfaction and elevate team behaviors
- Own the residents’ living experience, drive residents’ satisfaction and increase residents’ loyalty through your team’s performance
- Establish a learning culture and maintain a strong connection of the Service Team to GHP
- Efficiently handle resident requests and complaints and, when necessary, escalate them to your Community Manager
- Conduct daily walks to ensure compliance in all facets of the Community performance to ensure that the property consistently meets GHP standards, including curb appeal, cleanliness, asset preservation, state of repair, safety and security standards.
- Ensure asset preservation and prevent deferred maintenance issues.
- Demonstrates pride in Community aesthetics
- Manage and oversee repairs and upkeep of the Community and ensures timely completion within 24-48 hour
- Manage and oversee the preparation of vacant units for market ready and ensure compliance with GHP standards of quality and timeliness of the unit turn.
- Manage and oversee the proper storage of the maintenance tools, equipment, supplies and cleaning inventory
- Train the Service Team on GHP and community policies, including OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards
- Plans and executes of major appliance installations
- Manages Service Team’s performance related to maintenance operations such as: plumbing, painting, appliance repairs, electrical tasks, heating and air conditioning, carpentry work, pool upkeep, fire systems, and grounds upkeep
- Participates and oversees the activities related to the Move-In and Move-Out experience, ensuring our market readies meet GHP quality standards
- Efficiently manage expenses and capital to meet budget requirements
- Partner with vendors to ensure project completion and quality standards are met
- Maintain a fundamental working knowledge of all community documentation and resident guide policies and procedures
- Ensure timely communication with Community Manager, Regional Managers, Regional Maintenance Managers, other Community teams, and stakeholders to anticipate and prevent future concerns
- Participate and prepare for quarterly inspection processes at the Community
- As needed participates in bank walks and city inspections
- Makes budget recommendations for cap X projects.
- Analytical- regularly makes decisions and solved problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Business and Financial Acumen- must be able to synthesis complex financial information and interpret financial results
- Communication- Communicates with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Leadership- Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal achievement through day to day interaction.
- Conflict Resolution- has an ability to remain calm during difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiating with others handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Organization- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work
- 3 - 5 years as a Service Manager within a property of at least 500+ units managing service teams of 10+, preferably within a Class A Luxury property and/or 1 - 3 years as a Service Manager within a property of at least 350+ units, preferably within a Class A Luxury property and/or combination of 2+ years as Assistant Service Manager/Lead role with supervision over 8+ team members within a community of 800+ units
- HVAC certified a plus
- Knowledge of OSHA standards
- Working knowledge and ability to recognize repair requirements for plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, pool upkeep, fire systems and grounds upkeeping
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand basic instructions verbally or in written form
- Ability to multi‐task and have good organizational skills
- Frequently move/traverse, ascend/descend stairs in/around apartment homes and community
- Constantly positions self to bend, stoop, reach, lift
- Occasionally lift/move/carry up to 25lbs with/without assistance
- Frequently lift/move/carry 5lbs
- Constantly communicate, converse and exchange information with coworkers, vendors, residents and visitors
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Constantly operates computer, 10-key and other office productivity machinery.
- Constantly works in low to moderate noise levels
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions